Evaluation & Validation of Coursework
MBA, MS Accountancy, MS Taxation & MSIS
An Evaluator and your Graduate Advisor have already reviewed your transcripts. If any coursework was found to be equivalent it was waived on your advising worksheet.
If you think that you have completed comparable undergraduate coursework please schedule an appointment with the Graduate Advisor to request an evaluation form. Requests for evaluations are only accepted in the students first semester. (Note: The appointment calendar does not allow appointments to be scheduled more than 7 business days in advance.)
Requirements for Course Evaluations:
- You must have received a “B” or better in all courses you wish to waive.
- The coursework must be equivalent to the courses that are being evaluated / validated.
- Courses taken more than seven years ago, in addition to being equivalent in content, must be validated for current knowledge.
- Work experience and/or certificate programs alone are not sufficient to evaluate a course.
- All Course Evaluation Applications are sent via email. Submission instructions are listed in the evaluation application link.
- Students admitted during the Fall must submit all evaluation forms by September 30th . Forms submitted after the final filing period will be denied.
- Students admitted during the Spring must submit all evaluation forms by February 28th . Forms submitted after the final filing period will be denied.
- Course evaluation decisions are made by the Department Chairs of each program.
- Students will be notified via CSUF student e-mail regarding evaluation decisions.
Evaluation & Review of Prerequisites (TIME SENSITIVE) MA Economics
All newly admitted MA Economics students must demonstrate proficiency in the Econ prerequisite courses listed below. A GPA of at lest 3.0 in the following courses or their equivalents (corresponding CSUF courses are listed below).
- Math 135 Business Calculus
- ISDS361 or Econ340 Economic Research Methods
- Econ201 Principles of Microeconomics
- Econ202 Principles of Macroeconomics
- Econ310 or 315 Intermediate Microeconomic Analysis
- Econ320 Intermediate Macroeconomic Analysis
- 400 Level Econ Elective (to be reviewed by Concentration Exploration Advisor)
Your transcripts were already reviewed by your Concentration Exploration Faculty Advisor and if it was determined you have demonstrated proficiency in the Econ prerequisite courses the courses were waived on your advising worksheet. If you have questions or believe that a perquisite was overlooked you would then meet with the Concentration Exploration Faculty Advisor within 10 business days of receiving your admission packet. During your meeting you are required to:
- Bring a copy of your Advising Worksheet to the meeting
- Bring the "Pre-requisite sheet" provided to your in your digital welcome packet to the meeting
- Bring an unofficial copy of your transcripts with you
- Return a signed copy of your "Prerequisite sheet" form to your graduate advisor immediately after your appointment in SGHM4210
Contact the Concentration Exploration Advisor (pdf) and schedule an appointment within 10 business days of receiving your admission packet.
Note: failure to submit the required documents by the deadlines and meet with your advisor within 10 business days may result in increased program requirements.