Business Student Advisory Board
The Business Student Advisory Board is an opportunity for students to help shape the college and enhance the educational experience of business students. Board members serve as a consulting group to the dean, administrators, faculty and staff; support decision-making for the college; and are liaisons between college officials and the College of Business and Economics' student body.
As a board member, you will
- Connect with your college community by attending four meetings throughout each semester.
- Contribute to the discussion, planning and execution of college initiatives.
- Collaborate with other students and represent the business student body.
The Board's Work
- Provide thoughtful feedback on College of Business and Economics student-related initiatives, programming and services.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of each department within the college based on current perspectives of the student body.
- Review and discuss issues related to diversity and the social climate in the college.
- Become an accessible and visible resource within the college to promote accountability and responsiveness from both the student body and college officials.
- Collect feedback from peers for discussion at meetings and relay important information to student body.
Benefits for Members
- Develop leadership skills through active participation in a professional group.
- Enhance your résumé by developing communication skills and expanding networking opportunities.
- Become more knowledgeable regarding current initiatives and trends within the college.
- Create relationships with CBE administration, staff and faculty – including the dean, associate dean, assistant deans, director of Business Career Services and other administration officials – who are a valuable part of your network.
- Receive a letter of recommendation from one of the assistant deans or the director of Business Career Services (contingent upon level of involvement/participation within the board and following guidelines including meeting attendance, eligibility and full term served).
The Board’s Recent Accomplishments
- Developed and executed a communication survey to determine ideal ways to communicate with the student body.
- Reviewed, discussed and submitted feedback on the College of Business and Economics learning outcomes and goals.
- Critically evaluated and provided feedback on Business Madness and the Business Career Expo.
- Garnered student feedback on several business core courses to improve student learning.
To learn more about the Business Student Advisory Board, including information on applying for the 2021-22 academic year, please visit the "Application Process" tab.