Internships provide you with relevant experience in your field of study or desired industry while helping you to build your professional network. You also have an opportunity to receive a wage/stipend and academic credits. Check out our Internship FAQs (PDF) and Internship Video Series (Video) below for more information.
Review the below Internship FAQs (PDF) for commonly asked questions about internships. Select the image to open the PDF document.
Internship Advising Appointment
If you need additional information after reviewing the above FAQs, please make an appointment with our internship advisor.
Internships Video Series
Below is a list of the five videos in this series to help you learn more about internships. On the video player below, select the playlist button on the top right corner of the video to view the videos that are relevant to your needs (Closed captioning is available).
1. Introduction to Internships
2. Academic Internships and Practicum
3. How to Find Internships
4. Tips & What to Expect
5. FAQs, Resources and Referrals
For information regarding Practicum requirements, please visit Business Advising Practicum website.
Academic Internship (Credit-Earning)
- An academic internship is two things: 495 course + internship experience, both of which must happen simultaneously.
- Academic internships may be paid or unpaid.
- In order to register for the 495 course, students must seek and secure a relevant internship to their major first, and the internship must be approved through the Center for Internships and Community Engagement (CICE) .
- Students may apply for internships through various platforms:
- For specific instructions on steps to the internship process for academic credit, please refer to your CICE 495 Instruction Cards. All steps must be completed by the add deadline of the term.
- Must be paid (unless the internship is with a government agency or non-profit organization).
- Not required to take a course (course for academic credit is optional).
- Does not need to be registered with the Center for Internships and Community Engagement (CICE).
Get started on your career journey by becoming a part of a career community made just for CSUF business students! Explore multiple opportunities on Handshake. Handshake can help you find amazing jobs and internships and stay up-to-date on upcoming events. Click the button below to join Handshake!
*Select "Sign in with CSUF SSO Service" and enter your CSUF portal credentials in the next step*
- Search for jobs and internships
- Submit applications and resumes
- View and register for events with CSUF Business Career Services
Business Career Services Resources on Canvas
CSUF Business Career Services put together resources relating to job search, internships, and career development on Canvas. You can access these resources by following the below steps:
- Log in your CSUF Portal.
- Click on Canvas in the left-side panel (or search for it).
- On the Canvas dashboard, you will see Business Career Services Resources as an option
- You can also go into your Courses in Canvas to visit Business Career Services Resources.
- Need help? Check out our video on how to access these resources on Canvas.
Log on to Titan Connection with your CSUF credentials to view academic internship opportunities.
Micro-Internships are short-term, paid, professional assignments that are similar to those given to new hires or interns. Micro-Internships are facilitated via the Parker Dewey platform, which connects students with companies in need of support.
More information: https://info.parkerdewey.com/fullerton
Firsthand is a premiere resource website with insider information about companies, industries, and professions. It’s easy-to-access resources include comprehensive company profiles, career topic guidebooks, industry articles, and sample resumes. With over 5000 company profiles and 600 internship profiles, Firsthand is a great resource to support your research on potential employers!
Firsthand encompasses seven key content areas:
- Industries and Professions
- Employer Research
- Full-text Career e-books
- Career Advice Articles and Videos
- Internships and Job Postings
- News and Commentary
Visit the below link that is specific for CSUF students and click the blue "Get Started" button to access the Firsthand platform.
- If it is the first time that you are accessing Firsthand, click on the "Register Now" link on the Firsthand platform. Make sure to use your CSUF email ending in .edu to register.
- If you already have a Firsthand account, log in to the platform with your CSUF email.