The Marketing Honors Networking Program
The Marketing Honors Networking Program creates networking opportunities between high-achieving Cal State Fullerton marketing students and top Orange and Los Angeles County businesses which lead to careers, part-time jobs, internships, and mentorships. Twice a year, Marketing students with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher will be invited to a networking breakfast with local Orange County companies such as Orange Label Advertising, Nestle, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Kohls . At this breakfast, marketing students will have the opportunity to network and obtain internships, part-time jobs and full-time career jobs.
Kohl's Department Stores was the title sponsor for the Marketing Honors Networking Breakfast. Courtney Graf, University Relations Manager for Kohl's, describes the relationship between the Marketing Honors Program and Kohl's:
"The Marketing Honors Networking Program is an excellent source to find talented students to fit any employer's needs. The students we've interacted with from the program possess broad skill sets which make them a fit for many different industries, as well as the professional behavior and leadership experience employers hope to find in a quality candidate. On average, Kohl's hires 3-5 students into either our Internship or Manager in Training program annually from the Marketing Honors Networking breakfast. The breakfast is also a great avenue to network with other employers in the area. Due to our recruiting success at this specific event, we proposed sponsorship for the Fall 2010 breakfast. As the title sponsor, we were able to bring in additional collateral, host multiple Kohl's attendees, and most importantly have one of our Senior Executives address the group regarding the importance of selecting the right career. We are big supporters of the honors program, and appreciate the efforts that go into making events like the networking breakfast a success for both students and employers."
- Meet CSUF Honors Marketing Students at two breakfasts a year
- Hire our Honors Marketing Students for full or part-time employment at your company
- Recruit our best students to complete special projects for your company
- Offer scholarships to the CSUF Honors Marketing Students
- Network with prominent managers from top OC companies
- Interact with CSUF's distinguished faculty of marketing
- Gain recognition as a partner with higher education
- Network with our corporate partners from top OC and LA companies
- Interview with our corporate partners for career jobs, part-time jobs, internships and projects
- Learn professional networking and presentation skills
- Develop mentorship relationships with our corporate partners
- Access to special scholarships