Master of Science in Accountancy
Create a thriving career in accounting through the Master of Science (MS) in Accountancy at Cal State Fullerton's business college. You will gain valuable skills and knowledge, along with an in-depth understanding of accounting policy and ethics issues. This program is designed for all students interested in an accounting career regardless of your undergraduate degree.
Dual AACSB accreditation in business and accounting
Fall and spring admission
Immersion in real-world applications, technology and data analytics
- Develop the conceptual understanding and technical competence needed to succeed in a professional accounting career.
- Develop effective written and oral communication skills.
- Gain practical skills and a theoretical foundation in the field of accounting and business administration.
- A preferred recruiting school for the Big Four accounting firms.
As an MS in accountancy student, you will be required to take a total of 30 units of coursework, a minimum of 24 units at the graduate (500) level, and earn a minimum GPA of 3.0. Additional prerequisite coursework may be required. Please visit the University Catalog for course descriptions and prerequisites.
Prerequisites and Admission Requirements
The accounting department requires:
- GMAT or GRE not required, but strongly recommended for applicants with GPAs of less than 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Professional résumé
- Statement of purpose
- Leadership and creativity statement
- Official transcripts
- International students must also take one of the following three tests:
- TOEFL: minimum 570 (paper), 88 (IBIT)
- IELTS: minimum 7
- PTE: minimum 65