Master of Science in Taxation for Working Professionals
The MS in Taxation program at Irvine is an accelerated, part-time program tailored for the working tax professional who is looking to advance their career. By completing one class per eight-week term, it is possible to complete the program in two years. Develop your knowledge of taxation concepts to advance your degree and career to the next level.
GMAT waived for professionals who hold a CPA
No classes during tax season
Dual AACSB accreditation in business and accounting
Fall and spring admission
8 week courses
2-3 year program
- Acquire advanced tax knowledge, including the ethical responsibilities of the profession.
- Break from the end of February to April to accommodate tax season.
- Gain advanced research skills.
- Enhance your written and oral communication skills.
- Learn how to work effectively as part of a team.
As an MS in Taxation student, you will be required to complete 30 units of coursework with a minimum GPA of 3.0 Additional prerequisite coursework may be required. Please visit the University Catalog for course descriptions and prerequisites.
Prerequisites and Admission Requirements
The taxation department requires:
- GMAT exam (waived for professionals who hold a CPA)
- Professional résumé
- Statement of purpose
- Leadership and creativity statement
- Official transcripts
Admissions Recruitment Ambassador
Application Status and Processing Evaluations Specialist
Curriculum and Career Advising Department of Accounting
Student Resource Center
Current students can visit the MS in Taxation Student Resource Center for information on admission, acceptance, and registration.