Master of Arts in Economics
Get on the path to a successful career in economics through the Mihaylo Master of Arts (MA) in Economics. Graduates of this program earn prestigious positions in the private, public and government sectors. They are also prepared to continue graduate studies at the top 25 Ph.D. granting universities in the United States.
Fall and spring admission
- Customize your degree by focusing on an area of interest.
- Learn from top-ranked professors who have made significant contributions to economic research.
- Understand economic concepts and their applications to business and public policy.
- Apply economic theory in the business community and in public policy.
- Enhance your communication and presentation skills.
- Learn to conduct economic research.
As an MA in Economics student, you will be required to complete 30 to 33 units of coursework with a minimum GPA of 2.75. You may choose a thesis exit track or a comprehensive examination exit track. Please visit the University Catalog for course descriptions and prerequisites.
Prerequisites and Admission Requirements
The economics department requires:
- GRE exam
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional résumé
- Statement of purpose
- Leadership and creativity statement
- Official transcripts
- International students must also take one of the following three tests:
- TOEFL: minimum 570 (paper), 80 (IBIT)
- IELTS: minimum 7
- PTE: minimum 65
Admissions Recruitment Ambassador
Application Status and Processing Evaluations Specialist
Curriculum and Career Advising, Department of Economics
Dr. Sherif Khalifa, assistant professor, program advisor