Step 6B - MS in Taxation (Irvine)
Academic Probation - What next?
This portion of your Graduate Student Handbook has been created to provide you with five simple steps to follow if you have been placed on Academic Probation. Please read and follow all five steps.
Read about Graduate Academic Standards
- Fill out the Academic Success Sheet.
- Calculate your Grade Point Balance and your Grade Point Average (GPA)
a) Use the online GPA Calculator to calculate your Grade Point Average (GPA).
b) Calculate your Grade Point Balance using the Grade Point Balance System found in the Academic Success Sheet.
The Mihaylo Graduate Business Program's priority is to help you prepare for and graduate from college. Student success represents academic achievement, engagement in educationally purposeful activities, satisfaction, acquisition of desired knowledge, skills, and competencies, persistence, and attainment of educational objectives (Kuh, Kinzie, Buckley, Bridges, & Hayek, 2007). At Cal State Fullerton there are several departments on campus to facilitate your success. Please see Step 17 in your GSH for resources available to you on campus.
- After reading through all the Academic Probation material and provided resources: Schedule an appointment with your graduate program advisor (due to the complexity of academic probation questions will not be taken via email or over the phone -- an appointment is required).
- You are required to bring a copy of your Academic Success Sheet and GPA calculations to the advising session.
Please schedule all appointments regarding Academic Probation in the online "Academic Probation" Calendar. Appointments are more readily available during the following months:
- March 1 - May 1
- July 15 - August 1
- November 20 - December 15.