Graduate students are required to file for a graduation check prior to the start of their final semester. You must be a currently enrolled Classified student at CSUF to apply for graduation. You are not required to pay the $115 graduation fee at the time of application for graduation; however, fees must be paid within five business days of submitting your graduation check.
- An appointment with your graduate advisor is not required unless you have questions.
- Students graduating fall file their grad checks early August. The results of your graduation check will be sent to you by the end of December. The deadlines can be found online.
- Students graduating spring or summer file their grad checks early January. The results of your graduation check will be sent to you by the end of May. The deadlines can be found online.
- You will apply for your graduation check on-line via your Titan Online Student Center. You must meet the minimum application requirements to apply on-line. (The grad check is found in the drop down menu below your unofficial transcripts).
- The form must be filled out and submitted online. Information on the general degree checkout process can be found here.
- Students who fail to file a graduation check and pay the graduation fee will not be have their degree conferred and are not eligible to walk in the Commencement Ceremony.
- Note: Students who file their graduation check for Fall, Spring or Summer all walk in May (e.g. Fall 2013, Spring 2014, & Summer 2014 all walk May 2014).
Graduation Check Fees
There is a graduation/diploma fee which must be paid in order to become a candidate for graduation. You may apply for graduation prior to paying this fee, however, you must pay the fee in order to become an actual candidate for graduation. The Graduation/Diploma fee cannot be paid online. This fee must be paid in person at the cashier’s window (UH-180) or by mailing your payment to CSU Fullerton, Student Financial Services, P.O. Box 6808, Fullerton, CA 92834-6808. Be sure that your name and Campus Wide ID is on the front of the check and that you identify the payment as the graduation/diploma fee.
You are required to pay the graduation check fee within five business days, of submitting your graduation check, at the Cashier's Office, UH-180. Failure to pay this fee will result in postponement of degree confirmation to a future term.
Update Graduation Check
Students who fail to complete requirements as planned must update the application for a graduation check and do so by the appropriate deadline. A fee of $10.00 is required to change the graduation date. Forms for applying for graduation and changing the graduation date are available at the Admissions and Records Service Center and the Graduate Studies Office.
Finally, the student must be enrolled at the time of graduation. If the student has completed all study plan requirements, but forgotten to file a Graduation Check, a waiver of the continuous enrollment policy may be requested.
Students who have completed all coursework on the study plan and are continuing to work on a thesis, project or comprehensive exam preparation, may satisfy the continuous enrollment requirement by enrolling in GS 700 through extended education. Permission to enroll through extended education is monitored through the Graduate Studies office using a request form signed off by the graduate advisor. Further information may be obtained from the Graduate Studies office.
Cal State Fullerton takes pride in offering each graduating class a Commencement Ceremony that celebrates the successful completion of your scholastic requirements. Note: Students who file their graduation check for Fall, Spring or Summer all walk in May (e.g. Fall 2011, Spring 2012, & Summer 2012 all walk May 2012).