Replacement Coursework – (MBA program only)
NEW procedure as of 10/12/2010
Students in the MBA program may waive up to 12 units or four classes on their advising worksheet within the required course area. Any coursework that is waived beyond the 12 units must be replaced with a replacement course. If you are required to take replacement coursework it will be marked on your Advising Worksheet. A Replacement Coursework Approval Sheet can be found online. You must choose your replacement courses within your first semester in the program.
How do I choose my Replacement Courses?
Step 1 – When do I choose my replacement courses?
- Newly admitted students are required to submit a replacement approval form, in
their first semester, by the following deadlines:
- Newly Admitted Fall students: Submit for approval by October 28th
- Newly admitted Spring students: Submit for approval by April 1st
- Replacement courses are offered less frequently then required courses. Picking your replacement courses within the first semester provides you with the opportunity to enroll in the courses as they are offered.
Courses taken and completed prior to submitting the required form may not be used as part of your study plan.
Step 2 - How do I choose my replacement courses?
- Mihaylo College has put together a list of pre-approved courses to choose from. The
list is included in the replacement course form.
- However, if you need assistance determining which course is right for your professional and personal goals please contact a Graduate Faculty Exploration Advisors by email, phone, or schedule a meeting for a consultation.
- Please keep in mind not all courses will be offered each semester. If you need to make
changes to your replacement electives you must choose alternative from the
- You are “not” required to resubmit a new form as long as the courses are included on the pre-approved list.
Step 3 – What forms should I submit?
- Download a Replacement Course approval form from below:
Step 4 - How do I submit in my replacement course approval form?
- Send a copy, of your replacement approval form, to the New Admit Advisor at
firstname.lastname@example.org or you may
drop off the form at the front desk in SGMH-4210.
NOTE: This email is for form submission only. All and any questions must be directed to your appropriate advisor.
How do I change my replacement courses?
If at any time you need to make changes to your replacement courses, you must:
- Choose alternatives from the pre-approved lists.
- You are “not” required to resubmit a new form as long as the courses are included on the list.
- NOTE: When making changes it is recommended that if you choose replacement courses within the same area as your concentration that you submit an updated form. This allows us to know which courses you prefer to use for your concentration and replacement.