Graduate Admissions Information
From any academic or professional background, we want to ensure that you are adequately prepared for your MBA experience with the Mihaylo College of Business & Economics at Cal State Fullerton. Admission to the program is competitive and based on the holistic assessment of each candidate's academic, personal and professional background. When evaluating applications, the Admissions Committee considers the departmental graduate admissions criteria, while adhering to standards and policies set by the University. Please note that admissions can be closed at any date once capacity is reached.
If you have questions, we encourage you to contact us or to attend one of our information sessions or admissions events. Connecting to our department can be an essential step in your MBA decisions making process.
How To Apply - At A Glance
Spaces and application numbers are unique every year and unique to each program. While our main deadlines have passed for the Fall 2013 application term, spaces are still available. Applications will be accepted until spaces are filled.
Step 1 - CSU Application
- Submit the online CSU application at www.csumentor.edu
You may omit Sections 9 (Miscellaneous Information) and 10 (Statement of Purpose) of the online application.
- Submit the $55 application fee (Instructions are found in the online application.)
Step 2 - Departmental Application Packet
Submit the following documents in one packet to the department:
- Checklist Cover Sheet
- Background Information Sheet and Statement of Purpose
- Two sets of sealed, official academic transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions from which you have received credit. A transcript will be considered official only in a sealed envelope.
- Request to have official GMAT scores sent directly to CSUF. www.mba.com Applicants for M.A. Economics must request to have official GRE scores sent directly to CSUF. Applicants for M.S. Information System have the option to take the GRE or the GMAT and submit an official score report. http://www.ets.org/gre
- Updated professional resume
- One to three letters of recommendation (Optional)
Mail the the checklist and your complete application packet to:
Mihaylo College of Business and Economics
California State University, Fullerton - SGMH-4210
PO BOX 6848
Fullerton, CA 92834-6848
Attn: Kellee Carter-Scales (Graduate Applicant Packet)
Please note: Application review does not begin until all materials, as outlined in the Graduate Admissions Checklist, have been received.
M.S. Information Technology (Online Program)
- For admissions information, please visit http://business.fullerton.edu/isds/msit
- This program is for domestic students only
In addition to the online admission application and Mihaylo College of Business and Economics requirements, international applicants need to submit the following supplemental documents:
- Translated copies of transcripts from any previous colleges and/or universities that you have attended.
- TOEFL scores if you do not possess a bachelor’s degree from a post-secondary institution where English is the principle language of instruction.
- A financial affidavit of support, signed by your financial sponsor, e.g. yourself, your parent etc.
- A bank statement from your financial sponsor's bank (dated within the last year).
- A copy of your current I-20 and/or I-94, if you are currently in the United States.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
All applicants are required to take the GMAT and must have their official GMAT score reports sent directly to CSUF from GMAT. The Institutional Code for CSUF is dependent on the program you are applying to. Please visit www.mba.com for the appropriate code. The GMAT is administered year round at various testing centers throughout the world. For more information about the GMAT or to register, contact GMAT directly at 800-717-GMATŪ (4628) or visit www.mba.com.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
All applicants required to take the TOEFL must have their official TOEFL score reports send directly to CSUF from Educational Testing Service (ETS). A minimum score of 570 (paper) or 88 (iBT) is required for admission into the program. The TOEFL code for CSUF is 4589. The TOEFL is administered year round at various testing centers throughout the world. For more information about the TOEFL or to register, contact TOEFL directly at 1-877-863-3546 (US) or 1-609-771-7100 (Outside the US & US Territories), or visit www.ets.org/toefl.
Additional College-wide Requirements
Applicants must meet proficiency standards in calculus, statistics, and computer programming, equivalent to passing MATH 135 Business Calculus, ISDS361A Statistical Analysis, and ISDS 265 Introduction to Computing and Application Software with grades of a "C" or better.
Applicants who do not score in the top 50% on the verbal, analytical, and quantitative sections of the GMAT are required to complete a department approved course. Advanced degrees, the GRE, or other entrance examinations may not be substituted for the GMAT.
Please note that, once all documents are received, it requires six to eight weeks to process an application. If you would like to check the status of your application, please contact our Evaluations Specialist at (657) 278-2003 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in your message:
- Your first and last name used on all campus communication
- Campus Wide ID # (CWID)
- Name of the program you have applied to
Questions and Inquiries