Teaching with Blackboard and Second Life: Strategies and Techniques
This workshop designed for instructors who want to learn tips for teaching online courses including assessment techniques will report on pre and post surveys of students in the same face-to-face and online classes and demonstrate the use of Blackboard and Second Life as networked computer software teaching tools.
The workshop is designed for instructors who want to learn tips for teaching online courses through Blackboard and/or Second Life. Preferably, the ideal workshop participant would have some synchronous online teaching experience.
1. Learn Blackboard software history and uses
2. Learn Second Life software history and uses
3. Learn Blackboard teaching and assessment techniques
4. Learn Second Life classroom creation techniques
5. Hear of survey results comparing read and second life pedagogies
6. Compare online teaching strategies