Student Engagement with Clickers (Audience Response Systems)
The purpose of this workshop is to introduce participants to the application of clicker technology in the classroom and in professional presentations in a “hands on” manner. The reasons to use clickers will be elaborated along with data concerning the results of clicker implementation in classes and professional presentations. Participants will use two different types of clickers and practice creating discipline-appropriate clicker questions that will be utilized in the workshop. Attendees will respond to the questions in order to practice using clicker software and hardware.
University faculty and other presenters who wish to adopt technology that engages students/participants and enhances their learning experiences.
1. Elaborate the reasons to use clickers (supported by data)
2. Distinguish between the varieties of available clicker technology
3. Gain hands on experience with clickers
4. Construct discipline appropriate questions for clicker implementation in classroom settings
5. Apply participant questions to actual clicker use