Economics Student Paper Award
Open to all students in Economics Courses
- Papers should be typed, double-spaced, and not exceed 15 pages, excluding tables, charts, and/or diagrams.
- Papers should treat some topic of interest to economists.
- All papers should have a brief abstract on a separate page that includes the title of the paper.
- The title page and the abstract page are not included in the 15 pages specified in #1.
- All papers should have an introduction that clearly states that thesis or problem to be investigated.
- The topic should be one that can be treated adequately in 15 or fewer pages.
- The paper must contain a rigorous logical-verbal, analytical or empirical defense of the thesis.
- The stages in the defense should be clearly identified by sectioning the main body of the paper.
- Clarity of expression and good structural organization of the materials are essential.
- Originality and contribution to a deeper understanding of the thesis or problem is important.
FIRST PRIZE $500 SECOND PRIZE $300 THIRD PRIZE $200
Deadline for submission TBA (early spring)