- 1. Any current CSUF student can apply. Non-students may be members of the ventures current management team and may participate in planning the venture. However, only students may participate in the competition in presenting the plan and answering questions from the competition judges. The maximum number of students that can actually participate on a competition team is five (5); although there is no restriction on the total size of the ventures founding team. This competition is for students enrolled in the Spring 2014 academic term. Students who graduated in the preceding academic terms are not eligible to participate.
- Must register with a valid CSUF email address.
- Contestants must adhere to competition deadlines; no exceptions allowed.
- A participating student cannot be a member of more than one (1) team. Only one (1) entry per team/individual is allowed.
- All intellectual property created and its rights are retained by the student(s).This competition is for new, independent ventures in the seed, start-up, or early growth stages. Generally excluded are the following: buyouts, expansions of existing companies, real estate syndications, tax shelters, franchises, licensing agreements for distribution in a different geographical area, and spin-outs from existing corporations.
- Any student found to be using material or content that is plagiarized or used without permission will be disqualified at the discretion of CSUF.
- Decisions of CSUF as to Competition winners and rules are final.
- CSUF reserves the right to disqualify or otherwise affect the outcome of the competition if they feel it is in the best interest of the competition.
- Rules are subject to change at the discretion of CSUF and without notice.