Earn a Certificate of Professional Sales
Students have the opportunity to earn a Certificate of Professional Sales. The program is designed for CSUF students who are seeking employment as a sales professional or would like to learn sales skills.
The Certificate is a clear indication of a student's commitment to enhancing their value to potential employers, and is a speaking point on any résumé.
The certificate is a document of accomplishment and intent to explore a professional sales career. You demonstrate your desire to develop personal sales skills through sales training, networking, and industry exploration. Students who receive this certificate require less professional training than their non-sales educated peers.
How do I earn a Certificate of Professional Sales?
While earning the certificate will require a level of commitment, it is a relatively easy and fun-filled process of developing your sales skills, attending interesting events, networking with the center's partners and recruiters, attending career fairs, and interacting with other students in professional and social settings.
Step 1: Become an active member of the Sales Leadership Center. Sign up online here.
Step 2: Attend or participate in at least two of the following Sales Leadership Center events.
1. "Build Your Career Workshop". Join working professionals to learn about job and
career opportunities in a wide variety of industries and network with these firms
college recruiters. More info
2. Attend a minimum of two of the Sales Leadership Center's executive speakers events
per academic year.
3. Compete as a contestant in the Titan Sales Competition. More info
4. Attend one of the Sales Leadership Center's industry sales skills training programs
offered in October and November. More info
5. Sign up for either a committee or leadership team position.
Step 3: 1. Successfully complete the Sales Fundamentals Workshop course. More info
2. Successfully complete the Sales Skills for Consumer Products Workshop course.
3. Successfully complete the following Mihaylo Marketing Department courses:
* Professional Selling - 401
For further information and to develop your personal roadmap, please set an appointment with the Center's Co-Director: