- Rao, Y., Guo, K.H., & Chen, Y. (2014). Information Systems Maturity, Knowledge Sharing, and Firm Performance. International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, forthcoming.
- Guo, K.H., (2013). Revisiting the human factor in organizational information security management. The ISACA Journal*, 6, 37-41.
- Rao, Y., Guo, K.H., and Hou, J. (2013). Who extends the extensible? The extent and determinants of XBRL taxonomy extension in electronic financial reporting practices in China. International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, 21:2, 133-147.
- Guo, K.H. (2013). Security-Related Behavior in Using Information Systems in the Workplace: A Review and Synthesis. Computers & Security, 32, 242-251 .
- Guo, K.H., and Yuan, Y. (2012). The Effects of Multilevel Sanctions on Information Security Violations: A Mediating Model. Information & Management, 49(6), 320-326.
- Guo, K.H. (2012). Understanding why and how some Chartered Accountants object to the proposed merger of the three accounting professions in Canada, Accounting Perspectives, 11(2), 111-130.
- Guo, K.H., Yuan, Y., Archer, N. P., & Connelly, C. E. (2011). Understanding non-malicious security violations in the workplace: A composite behavior model. Journal of Management Information Systems, 28(2), 203-236.
* Note: The ISACA Journal is a peer-reviewed professional journal published by ISACA (formerly the Information Systems Audit and Control Association), the author of the COBIT framework.
- Archer, N., Sproule, S., Yuan, Y., Guo, K.H., and Xiang, J. (2012). Identity Theft and Fraud: Evaluating and Managing Risk. Ottawa, ON: University of Ottawa Press.
- Guo, K.H. (2010). Knowledge for managing information systems security: Review and future research directions. In Alkhalifa, E.M. (Ed.), E-Strategies for Resource Management Systems: Planning and Implementation (pp. 266-286), IGI Global.
Conference Presentations and Proceedings
- Guo, K.H. (2014). Counting beans and time: A temporal resource accounting model for flexible financial reporting. The American Accounting Association Accounting Information System Section Mid-Year Meeting, Raleigh, NC, January 23-25, 2014
- Rao, Y., Hu, J., & Guo, K. H. (2012). Who extends the extensible? The extent and determinants of XBRL taxonomy extension in electronic financial reporting practices in China. Paper presented at the American Accounting Association 2012 Information Systems Section Midyear Meeting, January 5-7, Scottsdale, AZ.
- Guo, K.H., and Yuan, Y. (2011) To enforce or to Influence? Understanding the Effects of Organizational, Workgroup, and Personal Self-Sanctions on Employees' Violation of Information Security Policies in the Workplace. American Accounting Association Information Systems Section Mid-Year Meeting, January 6-8, Atlanta, GA.
- Guo, H. (2008). Knowledge for managing information systems security: Review and future research directions. The International Conference on Information Resources Management (Conf-IRM), Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.
- Guo, H., & Woo, C. (2002). A goal oriented and de-centrally controlled workflow model for facilitating exception handling. The 12th Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS'02), Barcelona, Spain.