Full-time MBA Program
Mihaylo FT MBA program is an accelerated program that can be completed in less than two years, with students attending four classes a semester over 16 months. Throughout this program, students gain expertise in both the technical and business skills needed to succeed in a dynamic business community. The Full-time MBA program provides career and professional development opportunities for graduates including specific leadership workshops within the Mihaylo Leadership Academy, interpersonal and business-acumen skills, and an international trip component.
Key Features of the Mihaylo Full-time MBA Program
- 16-month program for completion
- Mihaylo Leadership Academy
- International study abroad and cultural business experience
- Cohort-based program
- Lower opportunity cost
- Dedicated advising, faculty mentors and career development
- Internship options available
- AACSB dually accredited business school
- Ranked in top 125 MBA programs nationally by U.S. News & World Report
Mihaylo Leadership Academy
The Mihaylo Leadership Academy (MLA) focuses on the development of leadership skills. This academy teaches effective leadership practices with over six weeks of professional development seminars, workshops, and experiential sessions. Students will gain self-awareness about their personal leadership style, the methods used to influence and motivate people; learn to coach and mentor others, and enhance their professional and career development. Students will analyze the characteristics of effective and innovative leaders. A variety of learning designs will be utilized including role plays, self-assessment inventories, in-class exercises, case studies, discussions, and small group dialogue with faculty coaches.
The Mihaylo Leadership Academy contains key sessions on career management and business acumen, Q & A sessions with business leaders, and guest speakers representing growth industries.
MLA sessions are organized into three modules that are presented over six weeks, covering three semesters:
- Semester #1 – Leadership Foundations - Competencies, Skills and Self-Assessment
- Semester #2 – Leading Individuals, Groups and Teams
- Semester #3 – Leading in Strategic and Responsible Organizations
International Travel Experience
The program includes an international cultural experience and global business study offered during the January intersession after the first semester. Learning about business practices first-hand from companies and executives as well as engaging in a learning environment at a foreign location is an invaluable part of the MBA experience.
The Mihaylo Career Center
The Mihaylo Career Center is an integral part of the experience for the Full-time MBA program. The Mihaylo Career Center is a premier source for career management and professional development services providing key assessments, workshops, seminars, industry networking opportunities, internship and job databases, and on-and off-campus interviews.
Foundation courses are offered Monday through Thursday during the day. Elective courses are scheduled during the evening. Competing four courses per semester allows students to graduate in 16 months.
The Mihaylo College of Business and Economics FT MBA program is designed to support the career goals of full-time students. The basic curriculum consists of 45 semester units (15 courses)
- Foundation courses (30 units or ten courses)
- Emphasize conceptual, analytical, technical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Concentration/elective courses – (12 units or four courses)
- Allow students to concentrate in an MBA focus area.
Master’s capstone course (3 units or one course)
- Supporting student teams complete a major consulting project.
Students, prior to admission to the program, must complete a prerequisite in statistics. Students, by the end of their first year of study, mush complete a prerequisite in calculus. The courses below or equivalent coursework must be completed with grades of at least a "C" (2.0).
ISDS 361A or ISDS 513 at CSUF (3 units)
- ISDS 361A may be taken through Open University prior to enrollment
- OR Equivalent course at a 4 year institution
- ISDS 361A or ISDS 513 at CSUF (3 units)
- Business Calculus
- Math 130 or 135 at CSUF (3 units)
enroll in the Business Calculus Boot Camp at CSUF - offered
each fall semester
- Fall 2015 dates (9:00 am to 1:00 pm): August 29, September 5, September 12 September 19
Equivalent course at a community college
- See www.assist.org for course equivalencies at California Community Colleges
For Further Information
If you have questions regarding admissions and application procedures for the MBA programs, please contact our Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or (657) 278-3622. We encourage you to attend an information sessions to see why the CSUF Mihaylo College of Business and Economics graduate programs are right for you.
Application Procedures and Inquiries