Step 4 - FT MBA
Prerequisites and Program Requirements
All Full Time MBA students must demonstrate proficiency in calculus, soft ware applications, writing and statistics either at the time of admission or prior to the start of their first semester. If your advising worksheet indicates any of the program prerequisites are required please contact your advisor for details on enrollment so that your graduation is not delayed. Each of the missing pre-requisites must be completed in Summer prior to the start of your first class.
Technical RequirementsThe three technical courses listed below or equivalent coursework must be completed with grades of at least a “C” (2.0):
- Math 135 Business Calculus (3)
- InfoSys/DecSci 265 Introduction to Information Systems and Applications (3)
- InfoSys/DecSci 361A Quantitative Business Analysis:
Probability and Statistics (3) or InfoSys/DecSci 513 Statistical Analysis (3)
How do I complete my prerequisites?
Business Calculus and Information Systems and Applications may be taken at CSU Fullerton or a community college.
- If taking Math135 or ISDS265 at CSU Fullerton you will need to choose a course that fits your schedule and provide your advisor with the schedule number and section number. A seat may only be reserved if there are still open seats in the course when you request permission to enroll. The CSUF class schedule is found online.
- If taking an equivalent course(s) at a community college you can view the articulation agreements between CSUF and nearby community colleges by visiting Assist.org. Once the course is completed you will need to submit an official copy of you transcripts to your advisor.
Statistics may only be taken at CSU Fullerton or a four year university.
- To enroll in ISDS361A you will need to choose a course that fits your schedule and provide your advisor with the schedule number and section number. A seat may only be reserved if there are still open seats in the course when you request permission to enroll. The CSUF class schedule is found online.
- If you would like to take an equivalent course at another 4 year university and evaluation on the course would need to be done first. You would need to meet with your advisor and discuss the policy and procedures prior to taking the course.
The Writing Requirement is completed through the CSUF testing center.
- Students who scored below 50% in the verbal or analytical sections of the GMAT will be required to complete the Examination in Writing Proficiency (EWP) prior to the start of classes or when the next exam if offered typically in September and November. To reserve a seat, find instructions and test dates please visit the Testing Center.
NOTE: If you think you completed equivalent prerequisite coursework that should be waived please schedule an appointment with your advisor immediately.
Full Time MBA Program Requirements
Acct 510 - Financial Accounting
ISDS 514 - Decision Models for Business and Economics
Econ 515 - Microeconomic Perspective for Managers
Mgmt 524 - Seminar in Organizational Behavior and Administration
FIN 517 - Managerial Finance
Mktg 519 - Marketing Management
Mgmt 516 - Operations Management
Mgmt 518 - Legal and Ethical Environment of Business
Acct 511 - Seminar in Managerial Accounting
Mgmt 515 - Management Information in the Corporate Environment
OR Econ521 - Macroeconomic Perspective for Mangers
MBA Concentration Elective Courses (12 units)All Full Time MBA students will choose their concentration during the first two weeks in the program. A student may select from a specific concentration area to tailor their degree towards their individual professional, personal and educational goals. Within each concentration, students must complete a minimum of 12 units with a minimum of two 500 level electives. The Generalist approach consists of 12 units from differing areas determined by the department and only offered to the cohort as a group if the entire group opts to complete a general concentration.
Capstone Course (3 units)
Business Admin 591 Business Strategy Capstone
Students must pass the individual project in Business Admin 591 and complete the course with a grade of “B” (3.0) or better. In exceptional
Leadership Academy (6 topics and an International Experience)
The Mihaylo Leadership Academy will provide you with a soft-skill development program woven throughout your degree. Orientation will include an assessment for each student on interpersonal skills, leadership and decision-making proficiency. Throughout the program, in simulations and demonstrations, you will receive opportunities to implement what you have learned with feedback from instructors. Working with coaches on an individualized development plan through the program, you will also conclude your experience with guidance for continued development.
The Leadership Academy consists of seven topics and requires that students attend and pass 6 topics. The seventh topic (BUADX513 International Experience) is optional. However, students opting out or unable to travel for BUADX513 will not have their fees reduced. The topics include:
BUADX511 - Topic 1: Mgmt Awareness: Self Management, Ethics, & Creativity (required)
BUADX512 - Topic 2: Mgmt Awareness: Global Focus, International Negotiation, & Professional Acumen (required)
BUADX513 - Topic 3: International Experience (Travel is January 5-16, 2012 for Cohort 1) (Optional)
BUADX514 - Topic 4: Managerial and Business Communication Skills (required)
BUADX515 - Topic 5: Corporate Communication & Business Acumen (required)
BUADX516 - Topic 6: Managing Conflict (required)
BUADX517 - Topic 7: Managing Change (required)