"Helping Build Orange County's Future Business Leaders"
The purpose of the Executive Council is to provide the Southern California business community with the ability to interact with, provide advice to, and assist the Mihaylo College of Business and Economics at California State University, Fullerton in achieving its goal of academic excellence and community recognition. The Executive Council also assists the College in its fund raising efforts in support of its educational programs.
About the Executive Council
The Executive Council for the Mihaylo College of Business and Economics at California State University, Fullerton is an advisory group made up of business executives from firms in the region. The Council works with the College to increase the College's visibility in the business community, and its members are committed to enhancing the education of the next generation of business leaders.
The Executive Council supports the College in many ways. Each year the Executive Council awards the Outstanding Student and Outstanding Faculty Honors and sponsors the Dean's Scholars program, providing four-year scholarships to deserving business students. Council members serve as mentors to our students while others assist and/or participate in annual events, including the Dean's Breakfast Series, the Dean's Summer Golf Classic, and the Economic Forecast Conference, presented in partnership with the Orange County Business Council.
• Network with some of Orange County's top business, academic, and community leaders
• Associate with one of the largest business schools in the country and interact with Dean Anil Puri, faculty, staff, and students of the College of Business and Economics
• Acquire in-depth access to regional reports and studies from the Institute of Economic and Environmental Studies under the co-direction of Dean Anil Puri, and first hand exposure to the latest in economic theories / thinking
• Obtain preferred access for recruitment of the College's top business students
• Maintain a presence on the College's website with your professional profile and a link to your company's website
Executive Council Member Participation
• Attend four Council meetings per year
• Make an annual membership donation in support of the Mihaylo College of Business and Economics
• Actively participate in at least one area during the year, some of which include:
- Student Mentoring/Internship
- Strategic Planning
- Public Relations
- Membership Planning
- Economic Forecast Planning
- Golf Tournament Planning
- Fund Raising
- Advisory Resource to a Business Academic Department
- Advise and counsel the Dean on various academic programs and College activities