Business Plan Competition
The purpose of the Business Plan Competition is to promote entrepreneurship amongst CSUF students from every college. No prior business plan writing experience is needed; all the information you will need to compete will be discussed at the Boot Camps or can be found here.
Since the inaugural year of the CSUF Business Plan Competition we have seen a wide variety of business ideas make it to the finals. Whether your idea is a barbershop or a tech company your idea has the ability to go far in our competition if you make a compelling enough case for its success.
If you are interested in this competition please sign up for our CSUF Business Plan Competition Newsletter so that you will be kept up-to-date on all the latest information.
All competitors (either individuals or teams) must complete a Business Concept Questionnaire by February 27th and email it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The Questionnaire is HERE.
- Any current California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) student may apply. Non-students may be members of the ventures current management team and may participate in planning the venture. However, only CSUF students may participate in the competition in presenting the plan and answering questions from the competition judges. The maximum number of CSUF students that can actually participate on a competition team is five (5); although there is no restriction on the total size of the ventures founding team. This competition is for CSUF students enrolled in the Spring 2015 academic term. CSUF Students who graduated in the preceding academic terms are not eligible to participate.
- Must register with a valid CSUF email address.
- Contestants must adhere to competition deadlines; no exceptions allowed.
- A participating CSUF student cannot be a member of more than one (1) team. Only one (1) entry per team/individual is allowed.
- All intellectual property created and its rights are retained by the CSUF student(s) and their partners, if they have any. This competition is for new, independent ventures in the seed, start-up, or early growth stages. Generally excluded are the following: buyouts, expansions of existing companies, real estate syndications, tax shelters, franchises, licensing agreements for distribution in a different geographical area, and spin-outs from existing corporations.
- Any CSUF student found to be using material or content that is plagiarized or used without permission will be disqualified at the discretion of CSUF.
- Decisions of CSUF and its subsidiaries as to Competition winners and rules are final.
- CSUF and its subsidiaries reserve the right to disqualify or otherwise affect the outcome of the competition if they feel it is in the best interest of the competition.
- Rules are subject to change at the discretion of CSUF and without notice.
Business Plan Competition Schedule
|1/15/15||First Boot Camp | 1:00 - 3:00pm in SGMH 1303|
|2/10/15||Second Boot Camp | 4:00 - 6:00pm in UH 246, RSVP here|
|3/6/15||Deadline to sign up for the competition. Sign Up here|
|3/6/15||Business Concept Questionnaire due via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3/20/15||Business Plan Competition Semifinals in SGMH 1108|
|4/7/15||Business Plan Competition Finals | 1:00pm - 4:00pm in TSU Pavilion A|
Business Plan Competition Awards
The CSUF Business Plan Competition will award cash and/or in-kind services to the top finishers in this competition. Please check back for more details.